Sunday, March 26, 2006

IPSA Banquet

The Indian Pakistani Student Association of The University of Texas at Dallas just put on a very successful show! The 2006 Cultural Banquet was a blast. I was so impressed by the great job the executive officers did with putting on the show!

Here are some pictures and videos o
f the night.. hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

Before the show started...
All the girls
Radhika, Shalini (my sister), Me, Srishti, and Pramila :)







Leon and Dillon... so called "best friends"
You won't out-friend Radhi and I!! aww you guys actually do make a cute couple though..





Prammy and Srish
Aren't they cute??? I love you guys!
This was before Srishti became "bumblebee-ified"





Nowww.. it's time for the show! I apologize in advance for all of the acts that I didn't get to take video of... It's only because I felt so enthralled by them and forgot! That, or my mouth was full of gulab jamuns :-D *drool*

The Paper Airplanes - Original Song (I don't remember the name)
Performed by Hassan Ali, Faheem Kehmani, Sumair Merani, and
Shereen Surani


Okay after this first act I didn't take many other videos of the other dances.. Now I'm regretting it because they all were really good!! We did go crazy with pictures during intermission though.. Here they are:

Srish and Prammy
sooooo pretty!!! This was impromptu, too! They only had a split second of prep time





Leon and I
;-)







Radhi and Dillon
aww!








The girls
I love this picture! Srish and I are being silly and Prammy and Radhi are all perty hah..
Look at how HOT Prammy is!!!




The second try
Picture perfect :) Srish and I are bumblebees :-D tsssssss (That's the sizzling sound Prammy's making because she's so hot)





Me and Shmeon
Say cheeeessseee!!!







Srish and I
We just "tied the knot" so we're pretty giddy..










Me and beautiful Srishti!!
"bbbzzzzzzzz!!!"







Anoop and Leon
Meanwhile, Anoop and Shmeon took their own Keller/Coppell Pic (Copy-cats) Uh oh, Dillon.. it looks like you have some competition!!




Shal and Pramila
They got married too, apparently ...In Prammy's DREAMS!!










Dillon and Radhi
Hey, I just noticed that they match!!







Shal and Sun
The Persaud Sisters :)







Now for some more performances!!
The following dance was really amazing...

Masti - Kajra Re
Dance performed by Sweta Ahuja, Nupi Merchant, Sonal Patel, Aesha Shukla, Jaladhi Shukla, Neha Walia, and Dhol performed by Neal Gupta.



Masti - Choli Ke Peeche



Next, I have a vocal act. They sang one of my favvooorriteee songs!!! I really enjoyed it.. such a hard song to sing, too!

The Abrahams - Laal Dupatta
Sung by Jobin Abraham and Julie Abraham



Denton Dhamaka - Nach Baliye
Performed by Karim Ali, Vishal Bagchi, Nirav Bhakta, Ekta Duggal, Tina Duggal, Gautam Kadiwar, Kajal Patel, and Shivangi Shah


Josh - Say Na Say Na
Performers coming soon...



Josh - Punjabi
Performers coming soon...


I was so disappointed that I didn't get footage (what would you call digital video... bytage???) of the other acts, especially the Bharatnatyam dancer and the Punjabi singer and Dholi.. they were so awesome.. GO GIRL POWER! :) But I did get a clip of the Dholi at the end... Here's the announcement at the end of the show with her playing...



That girl is so awesome.. I want to be her friend.

Here are some more pics:
The Newlyweds
What I want to know is... when's the honeymoon? ;) (haha)









Srish and Suni
Thanks for this pic, Srish! I love it :)
You're preeetttyyyyy






Leon, Shal, and Me
Yay for Guyanese people!
We took this pic after the show





More banquet pictures here

If you want the full DVD of the IPSA banquet, you can find information on how to purchase it at http://www.utdallas.edu/orgs/ipsa

8 comments:

monahx said...

uuuu, you look so pretty... ;)

Anonymous said...

mean, evil russian spy! how can I contact your gf..im gonna need to have a lil chat with her!

monahx said...

hehe, yeh... go ahead hide behind my girlfriend :*)

Anonymous said...

seems like someones taking "post a rude comment" a bit too literally :P

Sunita said...

hey hey no more rudeness... i changed it back to "comments"
FUN RUINER VITALI
haha

Anonymous said...

hahahh...:D

monahx said...

and the comments died:(

Anonymous said...

Comments died??!!! Well count on me to remedy that! ;) hehe I didn't need to go to the banquet, I just had to go to Suni's blog! :)